Saturday, July 2, 2016

A NEW PAINTING BEGUN



The beginning of a new painting. This one is pretty grim, what else can I say. The title right now is "Legacy" or maybe "Dust". The children in front will be standing in a patch of dust with nothing but dust in their hands. Behind them, where the car is (the car is gone now) will be a lot of glittering accoutrements of our consumer age, with a fantasy castle on the horizon. The idea being that our generations have squandered everything leaving the new one with nothing but a legacy of dust. My two grand daughters posed for this. I have changed them a lot and I didn't want to make them depressed, so I didn't tell them what the painting would be about.
I'm thinking of the Norwegian painter Odd Nerdrum.

1 comment:

Abi said...

Vania Printing telah menyediakan layanan jasa fotocopy dan pencetakan sejak 2015! Kami bergerak dibidang pencetakan offset komersial dan layanan pencetakan digital untuk memenuhi semua kebutuhan Anda.