Tuesday, December 29, 2015

FAULT LINES - PEOPLE WITH GODS


I'm still working on this painting after a brief hiatus for the holidays. I am trying to decide which title is better "PEOPLE WITH GODS" or "FAULT LINES".


 There was always something wrong with the profile above and I couldn't figure it out. This is what comes of just making up your subjects without benefit of a model. So I turned to the internet and just googled images for "man shouting - profile".  There were plenty of good examples and I have changed him as you can see below.  The upper teeth are showing instead of the lower.  The neck is totally different.


But the biggest change is in the eye and the bones and muscles around it. And I have a long way to go on this.  But, I have learned the lesson. Never struggle with a human figure without a model or at least a photo.  Any color differences between these two are due to my inexperienced photography.

No comments: